About Your Information
Your email addresses or other information from commenters or users will not be sold or traded to third parties without your permission; however, your information may be released if appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect someone’s rights, property, or safety.
By creating an account from thepilot.com, or signing up for daily or less frequent updates/newsletters, you may receive emails including, but not limited to:
Updates: Periodically, you may be emailed to let you know of an upcoming news story, blog post, contest or other event.
Promotional Offers: From time to time a sponsor or other company might provide a special offer to readers, and you may be sent an email to keep you up to date or notified of an offer or impending promotion. Please note that your email address or other contact information will not be passed on directly to sponsors.
With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will always be contacted first prior to giving your email or other contact information to a third party.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To process transactions (Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.)
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
To send periodic emails – the email address you provide for order processing may be used to send information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, detailed unsubscribe instructions are included at the bottom of each email.
Contributing Content to PineStraw magazine
All users are encouraged to contribute information, pictures and events to PineStraw magazine. All contributions will be accepted for publication on the websites provided they adhere to these rules:
1. You agree to not knowingly submit any false, defamatory, abusive, obscene, threatening, racially offensive, sexually explicit or illegal material to the websites.
2. In posting comments on the contributions of others, you agree not to harass other participants.
3. You may not submit information that is libelous or defamatory or that discloses private or personal matters concerning any person.
4. You may not post information or links that are obscene or pornographic.
5. You may not contribute information or pictures that violate the property rights of others, including unauthorized copyrighted test, images or programs, trade secrets or other confidential proprietary information, and trademarks or service marks used in an infringing fashion.
6. Content contributions solely focused on the promotion of commercial events or businesses are not permitted.
7. You assert that the information and pictures you contribute are your own, are licensed to be uploaded and downloaded by other participants, are in the public domain, or are otherwise free of copyright or other restrictions. You also grant PineStraw Magazine an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to redistribute or republish the information in any medium or form.
We reserve the right to fail comments which
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain profanity or other language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- Contain links to other websites which break our Editorial Guidelines
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Are considered to be ‘spam’, that is posts containing the same. or similar, message posted multiple times
- Are considered to be off-topic for the particular message board
You are solely responsible for the content you submit to the Web site. We cannot review every comment, blog entry or other forms of reader contributions to the site, but we reserve the right to remove or delete your content at any time. Abusive, fraudulent or illegal activities may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Posting an excessive number of comments may flag your use as suspicious and your account may be deactivated with or without notice.
PineStraw magazine reserves the right to decline requests for removal of content from the Web site based on maintaining the historical and archival nature of the site.
Your contributions to the site may be republished or displayed elsewhere on the Web site, in print or in other formats for editorial or promotional uses.
No advertising or promoting by the use of comments or blogs
PineStraw magazine reserves the right to remove any content that it deems inappropriate at its discretion without notice.
PineStraw magazine reserves the right to change this policy at any time.